Monday, June 23, 2008

What a Great Weekend!

We just spent the weekend camping up at Strawberry Reservoir! It was fabulous! I really needed to get away! Work is busy. Home is busy. I was ready for a few days with things moving at a slower pace. It felt great to just relax and enjoy good company, the scenery, the water, the kids, the weather, no phone, no schedule....everything was perfect! The three girls got along really great! We missed Mackay, of course, but I think everyone had a great time!


...A few of my neuroses did rear their ugly heads but I think everyone survived [including me]! Did you know that Strawberry is "bear country?" Well it is!!! I made it clear that if there was a sighting we would be leaving....but I was assured we would not be going home if we saw a bear so I just prayed that those darn bears stayed away. The kids got a kick out of telling me over and over they had seen a bear and it was coming for me....There was also a little teasing about the NO five second rule, dripping off before you get in the boat, no fish in the boat [makes for a nice fishing trip, eh?], the tablecloth and my utensil basket....but it was all in fun! Besides...The Johnson boys themselves do a few strange things, but we won't get into that today!

All in all........The weekend was great! Now it is back to the old grind....

2 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

How fun! We need to do some camping as well. Its just so nice to get away isnt it? Except for the bear part. Thats freaks me out too. I get way PARANOID:) Im always looking over my shoulder too.

Hopefully we will see you guys on the fourth! Say "Hi" to Jared for us.

Maren

Emily said...

I laughed out loud when you said that "The Johnson boys themselves do a few strange things"... :) Shaun puts the cakes in the oven to "keep them fresh." I have accidently cooked about 5 half- eaten cakes because I forget to check the oven before I pre-heat it for something else! You are so fun, Emily! P.S. I think that the Johnson boys all secretly like table clothes and utensil baskets! ;) It makes them think of their good mom.