Friday, June 27, 2008

The Sheep Whisperer!

Mallory is becoming quite the sheep herder! This is her third year raising, showing, and selling market lambs at the Tooele County Livestock Show & Auction (4-H). She loves it! She is really digging in and taking care of those wooly beasts! She walks them up the road everyday with Grandma Betty. The last two nights I have been given the privledge of helping with the exercise program! O what fun!!! It was actually pretty easy duty for the mother....I basically sat back and watched Mals take control and harness "Ma" and "Babe"- so we could walk them. They are quite funny creatures! They want to stop and eat all the way up the road. We had to push and pull them along the way! The real treat came when we turned around to head back to the house. Those lambs started to run!! Yes, RUN! I thought sheep were supposed to be dumb animals! Well, these two know when they are going home and they know dinner is waiting for them! Imagine two sheep dragging Mals and I down the road! It was quite a sight! I'm not sure who got the better work out, me or good 'ol Ma? But we all had fun!

Once again I sit back, my insides welling with pride, and watch my little girl show me just how talented she is! She is so great with animals! We may just see her on Animal Planet someday!

Now if I could just convince her that stopping and picking up (more like STEALING) every dog she sees in town is a bad idea!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Sheep Whisperer" that's our Mals. Remember the first time you showed animals in the stock ring? You have come a long way!! Mallory, you are already a Grand Champion in our book!! Love, Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen

Maxfields said...

She really is great with all animals. I am always so impressed with her knowledge, and she reminds me of someone else I know. Not with the sheep, but with the cats and dogs. : )

Angie