Saturday, January 30, 2010

Who doesn't love Fritos???

Once it awhile in the random things I come across, I see something that I have to pass on to all my blogging friends. Here is a recipe for Homemade Fritos!!! I am trying these bad boys this weekend!
1/2 cup organic, non-GMO yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
2. Combine cornmeal and salt in a mixing bowl. Pour in boiling water and stir, add olive oil, and stir until well blended.
3. Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a well-greased baking sheet and press each one with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes approximately 3 dozen chips.

YUM-YUM!!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I think this is beyond my food preparation ablities. :(

Anonymous said...

How did they turn out? I am interested in trying them.