Monday, January 11, 2010

Read a good book lately???

MY BRAIN NEEDS FOOD!
My mind is starving! Until last week I had not read a book for almost a year (unless you count the book I read about Dental Insurance Benefits-Woot Woot!) and I need to feed my brain! So, I went to my trusty book list and picked out a book. And the winner was...."The Memory Keepers Daughter." So I spent last week reading. Well, this book did not feed my brain with the kind of food it was craving! You know how sometimes you are hungry so you eat but what you eat doesn't satisfy you? That is were I am! It wasn't a bad book by any means....just not what I was looking for. So my blogging friends, before I head back to the book list....ANY SUGGESTIONS? Has anyone other there read a fab book they would like to recommend?

Side note...Please no John Grisham, Dan Brown, Stephanie Meyers, or Nicholas Sparks....I have had my fill of them for now.

Bring on the book titles.....I am ready!

2 comments:

Mortons said...

I just finished Deception Point but seeing how Dan Brown is off the list...let's see...I liked Water for Elephants. It was more of a fun story than deep brain food but it was good. Girl with the Pearl Earring was interesting. It was good brain food. I think you would like that one. It is more of a historical novel but very good. It is by Tracy Chevalier. Good luck on the book hunt. I will be checking back to get my next book.
And by the way...I will send you Cameron pics.

Natalie said...

I have not read it yet, but next on my list is Hunger Games....sorry I don't know the author. Everybody that has read it says it is AMAZING. I will let you know how it goes.