Monday, January 25, 2010

One of the joys....

Living in a small town. At times it makes me crazy.....there are no quick trips to the mall, hardware store, fabric store, etc.....especially after 6 PM. There are only two sit-down restaurants in town, where you are actually waited on. Going to a movie is out of the question without driving at least 10 miles. It can be quite inconvenient. But then again, there are other times when I appreciate living where I live.

I went for a walk last night and it was so NICE. It was quiet! There was no traffic! I waved several times people I knew! I felt safe!

Now, I know that bad things can happen anywhere...even in G-ville and I would never totally let my guard down. But I also know if something were to happen, I could knock on just about any door and I would not be turned away.

So, while things may be inconvenient at times.....I'm grateful for the place where I live!

2 comments:

Krista said...

:) ... me too!

Diana said...

I've always lived in metropolitan areas, but I also like the simplicity and quietness of rural areas.