Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wise words....

Once a year I see my doctor, to check my thyroid hormone levels and update my tummy meds (darn reflux). I have had this same doc for about seven years so he knows me pretty well. I saw him last week. He always asks me about work, the kids, and now Jared. We talked for a while about marriage and what makes a successful marriage. Obviously, we talked about values, communication, spending time together, and stuff like that but one thing he said was.....

"I think the most important key to a successful marriage is to love your spouse for who he is....not what you want him to become."

How true this statement is!!!! Take a minute tonight and look at your spouse and ask yourself if you love him/her for what they are.....
I DO!!!

1 comments:

Krista said...

WOW!! That is profound. I love it.