Monday, November 9, 2009

How was your weekend?

Jared and I have a goal to be ready for Christmas before the end of November. So, we have been making a list, checking it twice and shopping! With 8 little snooping eyes in the house, we thought it best if we wrapped what we could as soon as possible.....So, we spent Sunday night....

WRAPPING! Jared set up a table in the bedroom and I wrapped presents while he shopped on-line for a few things we just can't find in stores! It is kind of hard to see the pile of presents on the couch but I did a lot of wrapping! It is November 9th and we are about 90% ready for the holidays! YAY! While everyone else is fighting the traffic and crowds, Jared and I will be home, sipping hot cocoa and relaxing by the tree. Doesn't that sound lovely?

(Yes, those are antlers in the background. Jared's deer is still being mounted, so the antlers are sitting on the back of the couch for safe keeping. And YES, that is a 54 oz diet Pepsi on the table.....What can I say, I'm addicted!)

5 comments:

Mortons said...

That is awesome! Ben and I also want to be done with Christmas shopping before December. I don't know if we can do it with the new baby coming but we are going to try. Maybe that will be my nesting. I, too, want to be relaxing by the tree instead of the craziness.

Maren Nielsen said...

Sounds like a sweet plan! Loren and I need to get on it! I like getting done early as well. Hopefully we will all be relaxing by the tree this year.

Maren

Lacey Sue said...

You go girl!!! That rocks!!!
And, don't worry about the antlers...this is Utah...that actually isn't all that uncommon...and the pepsi, (well I can forgive you of that as well). Even though it's of the devil - coke is MUCH better - I still will forgive you!! hehehehee

Glen's Family of TEN said...

Em, You never cease to "em"maze me. I am green with envy. I have not purchase one thing yet. I will be one of those frazzled parents who are fighting the crowds (see future posts or newspaper headlines). You continue to inspire me (and not just with your gift of shopping) to do better!!! I guess I will go shopping NOW!

Kristina said...

Woo-who!! What a good goal!! We are working hard to be there too...no wrapping yet though!