Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Closet Crazy!

OK.....So, my goal of no shopping for a year is not working out very well. Have I been shopping? No, not really. I bought a couple of things on "Girls Day" but that is pretty much it. (Although I do need to replace my black, patent loafers....they are a little too big) My problem is.....I sat and looked in my closet for about 30 minutes this morning trying to put together an outfit!!!! O-MY-LANTA! And I ended up wearing black pants and a blue printed blouse layered over a black, long sleeved tee with my loafers that are too big. BORING!! I have been blog stalking (literally) several fashion blogs and I still look at the stuff in my closet and I see NOTHING! How do these women (my stalking victims) do it??? They always look fresh, professional and really put together! I am going nuts!!! It can't be that hard! I don't think I look bad but sometimes I feel unfinished...and unsure of the outfits I put together. And if I take my cues from the people at work.....they aren't excited about some of my looks either. I don't know what to do!!! I want to throw everything out and start over! But Jared just won't go for that...the party pooper. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?!?!?!

(now that was a bunch of whining, wasn't it?)

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Babes, I am sorry..I won't be of ANY help here. Have you SEEN ME?? I am a stay-at-home-mom to the utmost degree. I wear p.j bottoms daily, with a long sleeved or for fun just a plain t-shirt DAILY. My "dress-up" clothes are jeans and nicer long sleeved/t-shirt. I am sadly as disgusted with my closet as you are... wanna trade?!?!?!

Maren Nielsen said...

Hey...dont be so hard on yourself! I think you have been looking FAN-TAS-TIC! I think your outfits have been looking really put together and stylish lately. Your doing great and your so beautiful! Maybe just keep looking for some great deals and keep bargaining. You can do it! I see nothing wrong with buying a few things here and there:)

Maren

Anonymous said...

I do not think that was too much whining. :) I have that feeling at times too. I don't know if you have seen Kimberly's site at Fab Finds Under 50, but she does this thing where she looks at pictures of your clothes and helps you pair things together. I am not saying that I am as good as her, but I would be willing to do that if you want. If you want to email me pictures of some of your favorite pieces or as many pieces as you want from your closet I will send you back outfit suggestions. I know that I helped out one of my friends in real life this way just last week.

rose.moore2@gmail.com

Seriously - I love doing this kind of thing. :)