Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Emily, AKA, Cold Cereal Expert!

Jared and I have this continuing debate......Is boxed cereal better than bagged cereal? I say "YES" and Jared says "NO!" Now, don't get me wrong, I recognize that some cereal you purchase in a bag tastes just loverly.....but not HONEY SMACKS (my fav, btw)! Malt-O-Meal just can't do the SMACKS as well as Kelloggs! Sorry Jared! But he maintains if I took a taste test, I would not be able to tell the difference between the two cereals. Oh really???? So, the last time we were at the store, we bought a box and a bag. This morning was the taste test!

And the winner is.......EMILY! Whoot-Whoot! I CAN tell the difference between the bag and the box! At least with Honey Smacks! What do you think???? Are boxed cereals better tasting than the bagged??

6 comments:

Krista said...

I can't vouch for Honey Smacks but as far as FRUIT LOOPS go... bagged wins!! They are cruchy and don't get soggy in the milk. The BAG WINS with that one.

Shaun said...

It is funny you mention that. Our ward had a fun activity this week. We went from table to table testing things like, cheese, salsa, popcorn, chips, chocolate chips, root beer, ranch, orange juice, etc. We had to taste 3 different brand names, guess what brand we thought it was, and choose the one we liked best. Then at the end we were given a paper that had the brand names listed. It was fun.

I concluded that some things you can tell and some things you can't.

Unknown said...

Ryan and I both concur BOXED is the only way to go.

Anonymous said...

You two are hillarious! I think boxed is probably better, but haven't ever done the test--I can totally tell the difference between a cold can of Pepsi and a warm one once you've got it on ice. Call me picky, but it comes with the blood line.

Shaun said...

Em,
What a talent! Congratulations! I like cheap cereal (if it doesn't taste like cardboard). I don't care if it comes in a box or bag. So, there is my opinion. I know you didn't ask for it. Sorry, but Smacks are gross, they make your pee smell. :) You know it's true. LOL
-Emily

Lacey Sue said...

Personally, I dig the bag. I LOVE their version of "honey bunches of Oats" OH MY LANTA! I can't get enough of it...which would explain my ever expanding behind. ;)