Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break......a much needed get away!

Okay, I know I have not blogged for quite a while but there is a reason......LIFE IS INSANE! And who wants to read about insanity? Some insanity has been good, some not so good so I delayed the blogging. But now I have something happy to blog about! The house is almost done (hopefully this week)!! Woo Hoo! Jared and I went from sharing a bedroom with Isabelle and Gracie to now sleeping on the kitchen floor. It is truly cauous (is that spelled right?)! Little Mals has been on the couch in the basement. With the kids out of school and five people out of six with no bedrooms.....it seemed to be the perfect time to GET AWAY! So, we headed south! It was great! Of course there were a few bumps along the way....four kids is very different than two....but all in all we had a GLORIOUS time! We bowled, went to Jumpin Jacks, ate, went swimming, ate, took the kiddies to Zion National Park, and ate (a lot)! Our friends, Jay, Jen, Hailee, and Cassity Willis joined us! Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen led the tour of Zion. They were awesome! Here are some shots of our trip!





5 comments:

Grandma Bea said...

Reminds me of the good ole day! As crazy as it may seem, enjoy it while you can because before you know it they are gone. Who knew is would seem like yesterday! Cute pictures, thanks for sharing.

Krista said...

Let me just say... You took the GREATEST pictures!! I love your new camera!

I'm glad you were able to get away. I know you desperately needed a break. I'm thrilled you had such a nice time and were able to SWIM (lol).

If I haven't told you yet... I LOVE the new look of your blog!

Julee said...

Emily, you have the cutest family! It looks like you guys had fun.

Lacey Sue said...

Wow!! So much fun! And I totally agree you guys needed to get out and be a family (without all sleeping in the same room...or on a floor hehehe)!! It looks amazing!!!

Glen's Family of TEN said...

I know what you are going through with this remodel stuff. We just finished the basement. It can get pretty hectic. It looks like you had fun on your spring break but of course there is always alot of work staring you in the face when you get home. Guess what, I have made a poor attempt at joining the blogging world at theswallowfam.blogspot.com Any tips you would like to throw my way will be greatly appreciated.--Sara