Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mackay...

So, I just had to make a little note about Mackay...He may have entered my life sooner than expected but I fell in love with him the moment we met. I never thought I could love anyone that much! And from then on he has filled my life with joy, excitement, worry, pride, hope, prayer...and all the other things that come with parenthood. I have watched him grow from a rollie-pollie bald headed baby to a lean, wavy-haired young man. I haven't been a perfect mother-that is for sure. I have made more mistakes than I care to think about but I love him more than words can express! On Saturday, this is what I saw...


What a site! My son is almost 18! He will graduate from high school in just over a year. My time with him is quickly passing! He will soon be on his own, making tough decisions, living the life he chooses. I just hope that when he is out there in the big, mean world that he knows no matter what he does or where he is.....someone loves him! And her name is "MOM."

7 comments:

Krista said...

Em...
I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again, and again, and again...), you are such a GREAT mom! Mackay is so lucky to have you. Someday these teenagers will realize how much we love them.

Mac.. you sure look handsome! It was fun to see at the prom with your teeny-tiny little girlfriend. I hope you had a fun time.

I Love You BOTH!
Krista

Mortons said...

Mackay is so handsome! I can't believe he is almost 18. That is just crazy. I remember him as a rollie pollie bald baby too.

Maren Nielsen said...

He sure looks handsome! I dont even want to think about raising teenagers. Isnt it hard? If my kids turn out to be me as a teenage Ill shoot myself! Ill stick with stubborn poopy pullup toddlers for now!

Maren

Lacey Sue said...

What a studd-muffin' and the kid ain't so bad either! You have obviously ROCKED as a Mom Em! He has turned out phenomenal! I admire you. Enjoy your time, cause before you know it...he'll be all grown up and saving China! (mulan, what a great show).

Grandma Bea said...

Em, no matter how old we get I think we always think of ourselves as bad Mom's. Why on earth are we so hard on ourselves? If you haven't already, one day you will get a shocking phone call needing your advise or an unsolicited comment that actually made you feel that you did OK after all. It is well worth the wait, and even better, the grand kids can see no wrong (most of the time) and you end up feeling that all those years of uncertainly we worth it! So for now enjoy the good and the well, OK, bad if you will. What an awesome and handsome young man you have raised. Feel the pride and cherish the moment.

Unknown said...

As teenagers all parents suck. But then something amazing happens, we go out on our own, and we realize there is no place like home and mom really isn't as bad as I thought. Give it time, you are a great mom, because you care what happens to him.

Anonymous said...

He looks cute--well HaNdSoMe...I hope everything turned out allright on Sat....