Monday, April 20, 2009

peace.

peace.
it does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, trouble
or hard work. it means to be in
the midst of those things and still
be calm in your heart.
(unknown)
So, I have this quote posted on my computer at work but I haven't been paying much attention to it lately. I have been letting the problems of the outside world interfere with my inner peace. I have been trying to control what I can't control...I have been trying to disguise the turmoil that troubles my mind. And all I have done is stirred up the noise...and let the anguish push me around.
And there he is, my sweet Jared, my "sunshine", standing beside me, holding me as I cry, knowing what to say, waiting so patiently as I figure out for myself what I have to do to regain the PEACE that my life brings to my heart and mind. And I am the one with the power to make it happen! No matter what life throws at me I must be at peace...it is not gone-it is always there, I just have to reach out and grab it...
Yesterday, I reclaimed some peace. With the morning light, sunshine warmed my heart and I felt true peace, true happiness, true love. Now all I can do is cling to the feeling he brings me...calm in my heart and peace in my soul.

5 comments:

Grandma Bea said...

Life seems to be hitting us all kinda rough lately,but I find comfort in your words of encouragement. The scriptures tell us not to forget what our young ones have to say because they can teach us a lot. That's the way I feel when I read so many wonderful commits from my family blog sights. You kids are truly an inspiration to me.

Grandma Bea said...

Experiment........I'm trying to change my name from Mom to Grandma Bea. Hope it works. Here we go!!!!

Lacey Sue said...

You married a good man, and he married a really good woman. Together you guys can overcome any trial,any struggle, together. I admire and love you both!! Peace isn't elusive, it's just slippery- and sometimes we have to re-catch it! :)

Glen's Family of TEN said...

You are GREAT!!! What a blessed YOUNG lady you are to have found such a great guy to help bring you peace. I just happened to have one of those also. Saw you at the sociable, don't worry i didn't let it get to my head. However, I do try to remind my kids on occasion just in case it might inspire them to treat me more like royalty...its not really working for me. My next step...the tiara!!!

Maxfields said...

That was very inspirational, Emily! It is so great to see you with such a wonderful man that you truly deserve. I am so glad you found Jared and made him a part of our family. Take care of him, he's a keeper!

Angie