Friday, October 3, 2008

I have been tagged?

One of my blogging sisters has thrown out a tag.....How can I not respond? Surprisingly, I did have to think about these a little bit...

5 fears...5 joys...5 obsessions/collections...5 surprising things about me...then tag 5 more people

Fears-
1. This may sound crazy but I am afraid to start the lawnmower! Yes, it's true. I get visions of my feet being sucked into the blades. My logical mind tells me it won't happen but when I go to start one, I truly believe they will. (it makes my heart pound just to think about it)
2. Diabetes...the horrible things this disease does to a body is just overwhelming to me! There is no cure and it affects so many people.
3. That Mack will have to fight in a war someday. Of course I would support him, if the military is his destiny but the thought of losing my son in war is a real fear in my heart.
4. Losing faith, hope, and love. Need I say more?
5. That I will wake up one morning and find that Jared has just been a dream! The peace he brings to my heart and soul is irreplaceable! I can no longer imagine my life without him.


Joys-
1. My kids! I truly have great kids! They can be a challenge but I love them! They are the reason I do the things I do!
2. Kisses! Nothing makes me happier than to come home from work to a kiss from the one I love! Rhett Butler said it best, "You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." Jared knows....
3. Reading! I love to read! My book list gets longer all the time! I love to be surrounded by words! (see obessions)
4. Giving someone the perfect gift! This doesn't happen as often as I would like but making someone feel special by giving them what they really want/need brings me great joy!
5. Jared, of course! I'm sure I have broken the blogging rules already so let me just tell you...He is the best! He makes me smile like no one else can! He is the sunshine in my soul!

Obsessions/Collections
1. Pajamas! A girl can never have too many pjs! I have a hard time passing them by when I see something new! I think I am due for a new pair...hmmmm
2. Dishes! A vice that Jared has not seen in action yet. But the holidays bring it out it me. I believe that plates we eat on should change with the seasons and the holidays.
3. Reading! It brings me such joy but can get out of hand at times. Once I really get into a book, it is hard for me to put it down. Then I neglect all other responsibilities.
4. Hello!?!? Blogs! I may not always have something profound to post but I love to blog! I love to get updates on people, love to see what other people post. Sometimes my blogging friends write exactly what I need to read!
5. I realize that I must be obsessed with Jared too! I am afraid to lose him, he brings me joy...my obsession! He is the first thing in my mind in the morning, I think about what he is doing all day long, and he is the last thing I pray for at night. He never really actually leaves my mind. He is always there and it makes me happy! And I can't seem to get enough. (Sorry if I broke the rules Babe, you can blame Lacey)

Suprising Facts about Me
1. It is no surprise to anyone who knows me that I love to shop! The surprise is I am learning how to manage my money better. More surprising....it isn't so bad. I may blunder once in a while but I am learning that if I focus on needs and not wants, with a little sacrifice, I can still get some of the wants. Jared is such a good teacher, cheerleader, partner.
2. I wish I could play the piano. My mom told me not to quit lessons, that I would regret it later. She was right!
3. I wish I liked to cook. It is one of those necessities in life that I just don't get! My life would be a lot easier if I liked to cook. Then I could do it better. My poor family.
4. This is a surprising fact to me....I still need my Mom and Dad. They are the best parents in the world. Even though I am 30 something, they are still there when I need them. They are a resource for advice, a shoulder to cry on, a kick in the butt when I need it!
5. And, this is true, sometimes I wish I worked at home. Sometimes I wish I didn't miss out on so much because I am at work. I love my job and need it to care for my family. But there is a little part of me that wishes I was home when my kids got home from school. Ah well, maybe in the next life.

So, Melissa, Maren, Angie, and Deb.....You've been TAGGED!

5 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Wow!! I think you did a beautiful job...sorry if I made you break a blogging rule :) I did too...hehehe. It touches my heart how much Jared means to you. I don't know if I would ever have the guts to tell him this to his face. But I love Jared, I truly do, he's always been so good to Chad, and I. He is a good man, and to see, and read, how much he means to you...it made me almost cry. Thank you for loving him.

It all began here said...

Dang you! guess I will have to do this.....this weekend.

Love ya sis

Anonymous said...

I have many joys...they are called FAMILY... Love Mom

Krista said...

Well Em, your "dishes" comment just turned you into my MOM! LOL! You are so cute.

Thanks for loving my brother and all of us. You are awesome! I knew you would drop everything and deliver batteries to the football feild for me! Who does that?? ... only you! Love ya!

Maxfields said...

I love reading these things. Yours is really good. Man, my family is sappy and sensitive, aren't we. Melissa's is really good too. And shows more of that Nielsen lovey side. But we all have a great sense of humor too!

Angie