Monday, August 18, 2008

Here's to high heels..........

Do you remember when you bought your very first pair of high heels? Oh, what a day! Buying heels is one of those transitional moments in a girl's life when she moves a step closer to womanhood (no pun intended). No one knows who actually invented high heels but they can be traced back in Egyptian murals to about 200 B.C. So, why do women wear high heels? They are uncomfortable and make it so difficult to walk. The answer is simple....They makes us look fabulous! For us shorties our legs look longer and heels can exaggerate the female form...I guess men likey the heels! Mallory just bought her first pair of heels, a lovely, black, peep toe wedge. It was so fun to watch her walk down the hall at church trying to stay balanced and somewhat graceful. The best part was the big smile on her face. My baby is growing up!

I remember when I bought my first pair of heels......It was about a year ago! Sad but true! Yes, I have worn little kitten heels but nothing taller than that. I tried to tell myself I was a product of the eighties, when heels were "out." So, heels and I just weren't meant to be. Yet, most of my friends have mastered the heel. So, I broke down and bought me a pair of black, pointy toed heels. They are beautiful! Now if I only had the guts to wear them..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mallory in heels!!! No, way!!! I guess she is growing up. Love, Grandma N.

Krista said...

Love the new look of the blog!

Maxfields said...

I still have yet to buy "True Heels". Someday perhaps.

Wow Mallory is growing up, isn't she?

Angie