Monday, July 7, 2008

SNAKE............!

Yesterday, we were visiting a great couple who live up South Willow canyon (the canyon above the city). They have two little boys, Decker (3) and Sawyer (9 months). What a great place to live! BUT............the kids were just playing around the house when all of the sudden.......Decker comes running towards us at full speed, yelling "SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE............!!!" After further investigation we found out it was, in fact, a rattlesnake!!! OMG! But Decker did exactly as he was taught....see a snake....RUN! Thank goodness the rest of the kids followed him! It wasn't very big, but a rattler is a rattler! Needless to say, after a bit of drama, the snake was destroyed! Heat up the BBQ honey, we're havin' snake for dinner! NOT!

Mals took home the rattles....now there's a treasure!

3 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

Holy Shnikies! Snakeeees! Oh man....glad I wasnt there. Thats scary. Good thing the kids were fine. Those suckers give me nightmares!(along with bears and tigers:)

Maren

Krista said...

Em,
You do know it is against the law to kill a rattlesnake don't you? I know, I know, it makes no sense when they could clearly kill you... but it is true. Don't worry though, I won't tell! I'm SO glad the kids knew to run!
Krista

Maxfields said...

Holy crap! That is scary. I don't like snakes.

Angie