Monday, July 21, 2008

Ode to the Otter Pop

Last night as I lay down in bed,
I was thirsty. I was hot.
Then to my mind came the perfect treat,
"Go get an Otter Pop!"

Then I realized much to my surprise,
They do more than quench your thirst.
Otter Pops are “magical”
I was so excited- -I thought I’d burst!

We eat them when we are happy.
We eat them when we are sad.
They help cheer up a lonely child,
And stop fights when we are mad.

You can put them on a knee that’s skinned
'Cause you wiped out on your bike.
You can use them for refreshment
When you are in the mountains on a hike.

Did you ever think a tube so thin,
With flavored water it is filled,
Could solve small problems in our lives?
What a simple answer….to be sure, I’m thrilled!

So next time you are sad, or mad,
Lonely, bored, or even weary.
Have yourself an Otter Pop-
And smile…..it’s all OK…..really, really!

4 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

Ooohhhh, thats sounds good. I need to get me sum a dat! Its been a while...I think the otter pop and I need to get reaquainted. (I know I spelled that wrong)

Maren

Krista said...

So true. So true! I will be picking some up when I go to the store today. I've never felt so excited to eat one ... really! really!

Maren Nielsen said...

Just had to say that today I enjoyed two of them. Yum! I gave two to Rowie, Lia also had one and screamed when it was all gone. I dont blame her one bit. My dad also joined in on the otter pop feast and I just had to laugh because I remembered your poem and it really fit the moment. I had to say it while enjoying it so much...."ODE to the Otter Pop". Did I mention that there only 25 calories? Bonus!

Maren

Shaun said...

That was very deep poetry! ;)

We love it that you write and post your poetry, You're pretty cool, Em! I used to get so sad when all my otter pops were gone so I'd save the wrapper tube things and re-fill and freeze them. Gross, huh? But I was just trying to do as I was taught at GES and "reduce, reuse, and recycle."

-Emily

P.S. I took you off our links list on our blog. But, we still like you. It's just so no stalkers can stalk you through our links! ;) lol