Friday, September 18, 2009

A year without...

Now that Jared took me shopping, I have decided that I need to do a better job of using what I have and not constantly buying more. Jared is so frugal and I am trying to learn from him how to be a bit wiser with money. So, I have a new goal...Are you ready???


I am not going to buy any clothes for work for ONE YEAR.
Yes, I am serious! I am sure you have all heard we should get rid of things we haven’t worn for a year. So I am going to put that philosophy to the test! I am going to wear the work clothes I have right now for one whole year. At the end of that year, I will get rid of anything I didn’t wear and see what I have left. I have found some fabulous blogs where women share their budget wise fashion sense and work outfit ideas. And these are “real” women who don’t have perfect bodies so I think I will be checking them out for inspiration!

I really am serious about this new adventure. I have never done anything like this before, so I may need encouragement in the coming months. Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Good Luck!
What are the blogs that you're checking out? Will you share them with us? I have been doing that goal too, only not on purpose! lol What if someone buys something FOR you? That wouldn't count, right? What size of shoe do you wear again? ;)

Maren Nielsen said...

Wow! More power to ya! Thats great! You can do it!

Maren

Mortons said...

Whoa! Emily not shopping?!?...that is a lofty goal but I think you can do it. Are you only limiting yourself to not buying work clothes? That would be awesome. You really do have tons of clothes that I bet you haven't worn for years. Let me know how that one goes.

Anonymous said...

I am rooting for you and I am honored to be one of the blogs that is inspiring you! Keep me posted. :)