Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No matter how much you want to.....DON'T iron your clothes while you are wearing them!

What a morning! It should have been smooth but yet it wasn't. I think I have made my hair woes clear so we don't need to go there today. With spring in the air (at least for today) I pulled out a skirt that I love. It needed to be ironed but I really didn't want to bring the ironing board up from the basement. So, I grabbed the iron, laid the skirt on the bed, and ironed away. It looked okay on the bed but when I put it on I saw it still needed help. Apparently, there is a reason for the board (DUH). So, I got the BRILLIANT idea to run the iron across the skirt a little more....Yes, I am wearing it! Did I even think about the fact that steam would be shooting out of that bad boy? NO! I quickly realized the magnitude of my decision....OUCH! Luckily, I am quicker with my hands than I am with my brain today. It hurt but there was no serious damage. So, on with the morning.....I threw my hair back into a barrette and realized my face was feeling ultra dry. I grabbed my HAND lotion off the counter and rubbed a little on my face...right into my EYE! OUCH! At this point I am thinking to myself.....If this is how my whole day is going to be I am getting back in bed! I grab my purse and head for the door, praying that doom and gloom are not in my immediate future.....When I see this

Instant SMILE! Have I told you lately how AWESOME Jared is???? It was exactly what I needed! In that moment I knew that I could face the big, bad insurance world because when I get home Jared will be there! I am so lucky!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!

Maren Nielsen said...

That is so sweet....what a good guy! Those little gestures do mean alot dont they! Every girl needs that every once in a while. You found a good one!

Maren

Maxfields said...

A good husband somehow knows when you need those little reminders of love. I am so glad you have that with Jared and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside that you do.

Krista said...

:) :) :) ... now I am smiling too!

It all began here said...

M, I am delighted that you are so happy. it has been a really long time since I have seen you want to be home~ love you sis~

Lacey Sue said...

seriously??? How cute!! Tell Jared to teach CHAD how to be that thoughtful and tender...seriously...SERIOUSLY!

Anonymous said...

Ypu guys must be newlyweds!! He's a good guy--I hope you got the hair help:) I just barely cut my bangs, I can never grow them out.