Thursday, March 5, 2009

19 years and counting.....

Nineteen years ago today, at age 19, I became a full-time, permanent employee at a little company named IHC Health Plans. Back then the company was small enough to have "company- wide" monthly birthday parties. We knew the Executive Team not just as executives but as friends. Those were the days! Since then I have watched this company change from IHC Health Plans to SelectHealth. I have watched us grow out of the two small floors we inhabitated in a building downtown to a brand new, six floor building all our own (well, in 2010). I have worked with some great people and made life-long friends. I have been given opportunities to learn and grow. Working here has helped me to become the the woman I am today. The young girl with very little life experience and bushy eyebrows has become one of the "old timers"...and looking at the next generation of employees and wondering if they will ever be as smart as I am!?!? Now I look forward to retirement.......in another 19 years!

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

I admire you!

Maren Nielsen said...

Woweeee!! 19 years..thats something to be proud of!

Maren

It all began here said...

interesting comment. There is no way that anyone will be as smart as you... not even in 19 years