Wednesday, September 10, 2008

IHOP...NO...OPH...YES!!!!!!!

Today the SH gals and I had lunch at the Original Pancake House (I lovingly call it "OPH" pronounced, o-pa). It was DIVINE! So, I had to just take a moment to give this charming little resturant a shout out! I love breakfast-anytime of the day-but this place takes breakfast to a new level! When I eat at OPH, I question why anyone would ever eat at IHOP. I would protest eating at IHOP for the rest of forever but there is only one OPH in the valley and when a gal wants breakfast, she wants breakfast...like now! There is not always time to head to the city. And OPH isn't open 24/7 (afterall, the best breakfast makers need their sleep too). Just look at this waffle...

Isn't it beautiful? Why yes, that is a blueberry waffle topped with real whipped cream! Im' glad you asked. And there is no fat in that bacon...how they do it I just don't know. Yes it's true, I did have to move my taters to another plate so they didn't drown in yummy syrup but they were tasty as well. So, next time you are hankerin' for a good breakfast, head to OPH! You will be glad you did!

5 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

Oh man.....That looks good. I have been craving a tasty breakfast like that for a long time. It wasnt that long ago when I was prego that we ate there. Yummy! Maybe we will have to go again soon.

Maren

Anonymous said...

That looks soooooo good!!!!!!!!!

Lacey Sue said...

Gee thanks, now I am starving!!!! :)
I have never been to OPH but I am a breakfast lover so I guess I will be visiting very soon...where are my car keys??!

Krista said...

Em, looks WONDERFUL! I'm glad you got to go and enjoy yourself. Just a question though... how Diet Pepsi's do you usually have with your breakfast? ... I see 2 in the picture! LOL! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Em, The food looks great! However the only reason I am leaving a comment is to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great day.