Friday, January 7, 2011

Can I make "granny" proud?

If you read my blog you know I have a goal to crochet an afgan in 2011.....technically, I want to crochet an "awesome" afgan! So, I started looking for a pattern for a "granny square." Well, apparently I am not the best at reading patterns. The granny squares were getting the best of me! I tried quite a few different patterns and it just didn't seem to work very well.....so I called on good 'ol You Tube for assistance. I was able to find several how to videos for crocheting a granny square. After watching a few different demonstrations (several times) I was able to make this:

Could it be? Did I do it? I wasn't quite sure so I tried it again...and WHA LA! Two granny squares!

Now, do I dare to put more than one color in a square??? I am not quite sure I am ready for that but you never know!

3 comments:

River Glorious said...

Very well done! I think your granny afghan is going to look great!

ambar

NoDramaCollegeCounseling said...

I really dig your tag line: Love is more important than the same last name.

Unknown said...

hey well done. i picked up crocheting last year and i've made a massive blanket for curling up on the sofa with lol. also made a crochet cushion cover which my daughter loves using the granny square method but just kept going until it was the desired size. this was made in multi-coloured; i also found that squares look brill if you crochet in the multi-coloured balls of wool too! just go for it hun you'll feel great for doing it.