Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All you need is black paint.....

Some women I know, who are wise beyond their years (Bea and Krista), taught me a trick that opened a new world of home decor for me! Now I am not much of a decorator....I have all these new rooms....and not a lot of money to go out and buy a bunch of new stuff. Fortunately, I am learning a few tricks from two of the best decorators on the planet (yes, the planet!). With their help, I am learning to always keep an eye out for a good buy, not buy the first thing I see, buy it if I love it, and see potential in what I may already have hanging around.

BUT the best trick I have learned so far is the magic of BLACK PAINT!!!! I love it! Mals wanted a black room...I said NO but I did pull out the trusty can of black paint and....Wha La! A new black bed! The heater vent didn't match the decor in my fabulous kitchen....black paint=an awesome black vent! Whatever I seem to need....a black barn star, picture frame, basket, candlestick.....that trusty can of black paint fixes it all! Whooda thunk it?

Maybe I am a little more extreme than my Masters of Decor would approve of but I am a woman possessed! And my can is loaded and ready to spray! Who knows what will be next.....

It might just be YOU!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love black too--I hope I don't ever get sick of it! There are many tricks you can learn from the MASTERS:)

Krista said...

Since you've credited me with the black idea... you've inspired me to start painting. Suddenly EVERYTHING in my house is black! I feel like I've moved into a whole new place. :) Oh the JOYS a can of spray can create.