Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a Weekend!

Camping season is finally here! Friday afternoon we headed up to Pineview Reservoir for a little R&R. Jared had to work so the girls and I headed up on our own, pulling the pop-up trailer. Jared would meet us after work. I was feeling pretty good about the trip when.... BAM! A blow out! Jared's nightmare come true.....So, Malz and I started to change the tire (next to traffic traveling at about 75 miles per hour). We were struggling a bit but an angel disguised as "Incident Management" happened upon us and finished the job. He was so nice (although I did lock the girls in the car with the phone and told them to call 911 if anything bad happened).

Poor Jared was a wreck worrying about us. But we made it! The girls and I put up the trailer so things would be ready when Jared arrived with the boat.






It was a nice weekend! The weather was good, the boat was fun, and we had raging fires at night. We all had a great time!

(like the snow on the mountain in the background.....the water was FREEZING!)

Where is Mackay, you ask? Well, he and Jess hit the Sadie Hawkins dance on Saturday. Why he would rather go to a dance than camping with his mom.....I will never know! (LOL) But they had a good time. And don't they look adorable?

To top it all off.....Jared surprised me for Mother's Day with a trip to Seattle to visit Cam the Man (and Mel and Ben)! He is sooooooooo good to me! I hope Cameron is ready to get spoiled by his "Aunt Emily!" Weekends are good!

4 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

What a fabulous trip (blow out and all!) Your so brave, I don't think I would ever dare take the kids camping on my own (nor do I think Chad would LET me) hehehe! Lucky you..getting to go see Mel!!! How fun!!!! I hope you had a great trip...and Happy (late) Mother's Day!!

Maren Nielsen said...

How fun! Your so adventerous! Cant wait to see you guys soon:)

Maren

Mortons said...

Yay! Cameron is so excited!

Emily said...

Your camping trip makes me excited to go camping. You guys know how you have a lot of fun! Mackay and Jess look so cool in their Sadie Hawkins shirts. ...SEATTLE! that is so exciting. You are a few weeks late... but that's still exciting! ;) You will love seeing Melissa, Ben and especially Cameron. We always talked about how much fun it would be if you came up for a visit. ok, I am feeling a little jealous now so I better stop commenting. ;)