Monday, June 8, 2009

This time tomorrow...

Well, this time tomorrow we will be in the airport ready to board the plane to HAWAII! This morning I lay in bed wishing it was already tomorrow, then it dawned on me [in a powerful way]...I have to get on a plane tomorrow!

Why does Hawaii have to be across the ocean? I HATE TO FLY! I know it seems silly but I have a serious fear of flying! My rational mind tells me there is nothing to be afraid of....yet I am still SCARED! Once I pass the security check my heart starts pounding, it is hard to breathe, and my stomach starts to do cartwheels! It is ridiculous! I am such a baby!

So, I looked up the official name for my "phobia" and it actually has FOUR names. Oh Brother! Aerophobia, Aviatophobia, Aviophobia or Pteromechanophobia! Geez! And did you know that other phobias may contribute to the fear of flying...claustrophobia (a fear of enclosed spaces) and acropobia (a fear of heights). It is all making sense now.....I hate tight spaces and heights! So, if you put me in an enclosed tube with wings and take it into the air what do you get??? PANIC in the airport!

But Jared has promised to hold my hand and make sure I get to Hawaii in one piece! Just in case though....Does anyone have any spare XANAX?

0 comments: