Thursday, March 25, 2010

Is it OK to be grey?

It is WAY past time for me to have my hair done! But I can't help but wonder why I am continually fighting the inevitable??? MY HAIR IS TURNING GREY!

Isn't that okay? Isn't it natural? And yet, tomorrow I head to the salon for a cut and color. Oh how I loved the days when I colored my hair JUST FOR FUN! When did it all have to change?? I have noticed a little patch of grey right in front above my right eye and I can't help but wonder how I would look if I just left it and let the grey come out to play? Am I still too young to be grey? Is Jared way too young to have a grey-haired wife? I hate hair dilemas!
Stay tuned to see who wins out.....Mother Nature or Miss Clairol???

3 comments:

Glen's Family of TEN said...

Em,
I feel your pain. I have a BIG patch right in front. I'm not ready to rid myself of my vanity YET! I am sure your grey is much more flattering than mine. Thanks for sharing! Misery loves company you know!!!

Lacey Sue said...

I'll tell you something I truly, and fully believe. We were born in a day and age that mother nature does NOT have to win over us. We have the option to dye, and my dear sister, we MUST dye. I have no desire to be gray now or in 20 years. As long as there is dye to be had, my hand will apply it to my hair. Until we are FORBIDDEN to dye our hair I WILL continue to do so :)!!! Do dye away, no one needs to know that gray lurks below the dye, it our little secret!

Mortons said...

I agree with Lacey. Dye away! I refuse to go gray not out of vanity but because we don't have to. I know many ladies in their 60s who dye their hair blond and it looks so natural. I know they are gray underneath but I don't think about that when I look at them. But...on the other hand our mother has beautiful gray hair.