Monday, December 1, 2008

It's hard to be the Mom!

Well, today was a rough "Mom" day! I'm sure you moms out there know what I mean.....it was one of those days when I just felt like I have failed as a mother! It was a day when I just didn't get things right when it came to my kids. Frustration led to lots of reaction and very little action. As the day went on, I just felt worse and worse. Finding a smile was really hard and wasn't really happening.....then when least expected, Jared finds a way!

Picture this: We are at a birthday party at Classic Skate (in Sandy). The kids are having a ball skating, roller blading, and scootering around the rink. The 80's party music is blasting and the disco ball is spraying flickers of light in all directions. When all of the sudden......"Forever Young" starts to play....And above the music I hear the words "this song is dedicated to Emily Johnson!" In a few short seconds, all the self pity blew out of my mind! Did it change the situation? Not really. Did it change my perspective? Oh Yeah! How does he know how to make me smile??? It is a mystery to me!

3 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

what a good guy!

Krista said...

WOW "Emily Johnson"... first time I've heard that! Fit's you well. :)

You're a great mom... all the time. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Anonymous said...

~That is so sweet....He sounds like a great guy~